I love these little pieces of heaven; they’re perfect as a midday snack or tossed in a salad for a vegetarian rendition of buffalo chicken salad. Spicy, filling, and full of protein, these buffalo tofu bites are perfect to satisfy your buffalo wings cravings, on a much healthier scale!
- 8 oz. super firm tofu
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Your favorite wing sauce (I use Frank’s Redhot Wing Sauce, the ingredients are natural and there are little to no calories)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. While oven is heating, drain tofu and set on a clean kitchen towel. Top with another towel and place a pan on top, then place a heavy can in the pan. This will weigh down your tofu and force it to excrete extra moisture, so your tofu bites will be firm and delicious! After 20 minutes or so, flip the tofu around so the pan is resting on the other side. Let this sit for another 20 minutes.
- After your tofu is done draining, cut into bite sized cubes. Toss with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss well and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.You’ll see a little bit of crust forming on your tofu, this adds extra crunch to your bites!
- Once tofu is done roasting, place into a bowl and drizzle with your buffalo sauce. Toss well and enjoy!
Makes 1-2 servings
Copyright Kameron Tunila (Food to Thrive)